Friday, September 30, 2011

When childhood memories stop you in your tracks

When I was a kid (way back in the day ;)) one of my favorite movies of all time was  "The Fox and the Hound." To be honest, I don't remember anything about it except that the part where the old woman took the fox away made me cry and that after watching it every day for about 6 months the VHS got really snowy and eventually had to be thrown out.






I was just browsing through the headlines on Yahoo's homepage, and I had to stop myself for a second when I saw this picture.





I haven't even thought about that movie in who knows how long, but for some reason, upon seeing this photo the 5 year old inside my brain jumped up and went "The Fox and the Hound!!!!!" then I read the story and Yahoo killed my dreams.

It was one of those wonderful moments where you kind of get to spend a second being a kid again, assuming the best about every situation. Then logic kicks in and you realize that instead of being best friends, the dog was trying to hunt this fox and its babies, and the amazing thing about the picture is that the fox fought back. 

Excuse me while I try find "The Fox and the Hound" online so I can relive my childhood without the interruption of reality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment