Monday, September 26, 2011

The obligatory introduction post!

Hello there! I'm calling this the 'obligatory introduction post.' It's not really obligatory at all. But I figure if you're going to be spending your valuable time reading my ramblings, you should know a little bit about the gal these thoughts are coming from!


My name is Megan. I'm an 18 year old college freshman. I was born and raised in New Jersey! I know what you're thinking....





No, not that New Jersey. More like this New Jersey:





That is actually my town. Good old Spotswood, NJ. About 2 sq miles, 10,000 people. 2 lakes, 4 or 5 traffic lights, a couple schools and enough churches to house the entire population of New Jersey (well, almost). Spotswood's claim to fame is that President George Washington spent some time there with his troops after the Battle of Monmouth. Spotswood and the rest of central New Jersey, that is! It's a nice little town, though much easier to love from 800 miles away! ;)


I am very into political discussions and I happen to be a very opinionated person! With most political topics, I'm up for pretty much anyone's opinion and I usually find that I agree with several points from both sides! There is one itty bitty topic that I am very vocally supportive of and that would be...









Dun dun dun! Yes, I am one of "those." Can't help it, I was born that way (cue the Lady Gaga). I am all for everyone's right to have an opinion...I am especially for my right to think that someone else's opinion is wrong. ;) I'm not usually this forward with my political opinions (I hope?) but seeing as this is a blog, I'll probably be spending some time ranting about several things, and more than likely a few of those will include this very issue. 


Moving on! 
I have a glorious family. My mom & dad have been married for 23 years. My dad is the hardest working man I have ever known and my mom is the strongest woman I have ever known. I certainly have great role models in them. I also have an older brother, Kevin, who is in the United States Army! Woohoo! Here is a picture of Kevin and me (because we are so precious!):






sniff sniff...I am a proud sister!


I am also a lover of animals! I have a cat named Olivia and a dog named Tucker. Tucker is really my mom's dog, but I pretend he's mine. 


  



Why yes, they are adorable. Thank you for noticing!


My life journey has brought me to the beautiful city of Chicago, where I currently live for school.





^that's the view from my dorm's window. I'll take it!


I am a musical theatre major at Columbia College Chicago! That is basically the whole premise of this blog. I stole the title - 'Living on Dreams and Spaghettios' - from the song "This One's for the Girls" by the fabulous country artist, Martina McBride.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaJijY0ZF0I
^ Please listen to it and absorb the sheer awesomeness.


This blog will basically be outlining my frustrations and joys of trying to get through the day-to-day of school and trying to figure out my way through this insane industry, as well as some other goings-on that may be happening in life!


Now that all of that nonsense is done, I think we can wrap up this introduction! I promise my future contributions to the blogosphere will be (hopefully) way more exciting, I just wanted to get all this factual business out of the way! From now on I will be mildly amusing, generally sarcastic, and my goal is to talk about things that you'll find interesting and relatable! I really am brand new to this...so we'll see how it goes!! Thanks for reading! :)

5 comments:

  1. Megan! how you doiinnn?! I made one of these a while ago and I posted 1 thing and forgot about it... I hope you have better luck than me with this. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Shakespeare! When did you learn to write?? That was eloquent and beautiful! I guess we've only communicated in one-line insults in texts and on dog forums. Who knew you are so deep? Can't wait to follow your blog -- but I'm never gonna quit with the insults. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney! haha - you should start up again!! Kether, you, and I will have a club!!

    Mike - oh gosh, thank you :O I will deny ever saying this but that definitely means a lot coming from you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete